David is a practical, business-minded lawyer and savvy dealmaker who assists clients in a variety of matters involving real estate development, acquisition, construction, financing, land banking, and joint venture transactions.
He has significant experience with all asset classes, including multifamily, single-family rental, hotel, industrial and office. In every transaction, David becomes embedded in his clients’ business, gains an understanding of their appetite for risk, and remains mindful of their issues of particular concern.
David’s clients include national and regional developers, REITs, institutional investors, public and private companies, and high-net-worth individuals. He has specialized experience representing companies in the acquisition, management, financing and leasing of hotels and other hospitality products. With the industry’s particular nuances – employees, insurance, food and liquor licensing, and more – he works closely with clients to negotiate franchise and management agreements with all the major hotel brands and operators.
Prior to joining Harvest, David practiced law at Milbank and Elkins Kalt. He received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of California, Berkeley and his Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California, Gould School of Law.
- Represented the owner of a portfolio of over 18,000 multifamily units in its purchase and sale, financing and joint venture transactions.
- Represented a leader in the single-family home rental industry in its joint venture and land banking transactions.
- Represented a secured lender in real property secured financings involving office, hotel, industrial and multifamily projects throughout the United States.
- Represented a borrower in a variety of hotel construction financings throughout California.
- Represented the issuer of $2.7 billion of CMBS financing of four hotel/casinos in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- J.D., USC Gould School of Law
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley