A Results-Oriented Mindset
Market volatility can cause significant disruption in the commercial real estate industry, resulting in the need for expert counsel to deal with distressed assets. Harvest’s industry-leading Workouts team has guided clients through the ups and downs of real estate market cycles and is adept at dealing with and resolving distressed real estate situations in all asset classes. Our skilled practitioners have extensive experience handling complex commercial real estate workouts, restructurings, loan sales, receivership, bankruptcy, guaranty enforcement actions, evictions, and foreclosures. We use a results-oriented mindset to find creative, practical, and efficient solutions aimed at maintaining value and protecting our clients’ interests to the greatest extent possible.
- Assisted an office owner with the renegotiation of a $100 million office loan.
- Counseled a shopping center owner through the recapitalization of a distressed loan.
- Led an investment fund through the acquisition and subsequent foreclosure of a $25 million hotel loan.
- Represented a CMBS special servicer with real estate loan workouts across the country.
- Represented a Chapter 11 trustee in the liquidation of a multibillion-dollar property portfolio.
- Represented a receiver in the sale of a $200 million hotel portfolio located throughout California.
- Represented receiver in the sale and leasing of a multimillion-square-foot office, industrial, and retail portfolio across the country.
- Counseled loan guarantors in negotiation of resolution strategy with major financial institution.
- Assisted with a loan workout in connection with an approximately $50 million acquisition, development, and construction loan related to a multi-building, mixed-use project containing approximately 120 units plus recreational and commercial space.