Hotel and Property Management
We Possess A Unique Expertise
Successful hotel and property management requires nuanced and profound experience and expertise to reap the most value from real estate assets. Harvest’s lawyers are highly skilled at advising clients through various property management issues, from preparing and negotiating vendor agreements to handling insurance claims to working through landlord/tenant disputes. Our legal team helps our client’s property management teams make risk-adjusted decisions to maximize asset value.
Hotels, resorts and other hospitality projects are unique real estate assets in that they derive much of their value from their day-to-day business operations. Those operations create complicated legal issues, ranging from real estate matters to liquor license concerns to employment issues. That being the case, most real estate lawyers are ill-equipped to handle hospitality transactions, but Harvest represents some of the country’s leading hoteliers in the development, acquisition, financing, operation and disposition of hospitality assets. We benefit from excellent working relationships with the leading franchisors and possess a unique expertise in complicated franchising and management issues.
- Developer of several five-star and four-star resorts in Southern California.
- Developer of multi-billion, ultra-luxury private ski resort.
- Developer of Las Vegas strip resort and casino in all aspects of development, construction, leasing and operational matters.
- Purchaser of limited service hotel portfolio with assets across the country.
- Purchaser of distressed note for large Southern California resort.
- Negotiate franchise agreements and/or management agreements with every major flag, including Four Seasons, Montage, Pendry, Virgin, Hyatt, Marriott, HardRock Hotels, Joie d’ Vie, Thompson and Kimpton.
- Court-appointed receiver in the workout of hundreds of distressed hotel assets across the country.
- Advise boutique hotel developer in equity capital raising and structuring matters relating to portfolio of award-winning boutique hotels throughout Southern California.