Purchase and Sale
Expert Guidance from Negotiation through Closing
Harvest attorneys serve as trusted partners, guiding clients through every step of real property acquisitions and dispositions. Our seasoned team is skilled in handling the purchase and sale of single assets and portfolios across all asset classes, including office, industrial, retail, hotel, multifamily residential, mixed-use, and land deals. We have closed billions of dollars of transactions in markets across the country, from New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington D.C., and Atlanta to Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
We guide our clients through complex and, often, multi-jurisdictional transactions, proactively spotting issues before they arise, and shepherding transactions from start to finish with diligence and efficiency. Our deep market knowledge and decades of transactional experience equip us to provide expert advice from due diligence and deal structuring through negotiation and closing, guiding transactions through any obstacles that arise with care and persistence. We bring innovation and practical thinking to dealmaking, ensuring an efficient and tailored approach to every transaction, deftly balancing attention to detail with the ultimate goal of closing deals, and always putting our clients’ interests first. Leveraging our legal expertise, business acumen, market knowledge, and industry network, we help our clients mitigate risk, achieve their business goals, and maximize their return on investment. Our diverse group of clients include publicly traded REITs, pension funds, institutional investors, and developers.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in the acquisition of a nine-building office campus project in the Pacific Northwest and negotiated the leaseback lease with the seller.
- Advised a publicly traded REIT in the $160 million acquisition of a Silicon Valley office project consisting of over 400,000 square feet.
- Counseled a national homebuilder in the acquisition of a development site for the construction of 497 homes.
- Assisted institutional seller in a multi-jurisdictional portfolio sale of regional malls valued at over $150 million.
- Represented an institutional purchaser of a limited-service hotel portfolio with assets across the country.
- Counseled the seller of a 12-property industrial asset portfolio consisting of approximately one million square feet in the roughly $170 million transaction.
- Counseled a buyer in the $99 million acquisition of the Mr. C Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented the purchaser of a multimillion-dollar Southern California industrial portfolio.
- Advised purchaser in large land assemblage in Los Angeles, California.
- Assisted a sophisticated real estate lending and investment company in the sale of Southlake Mall in Morrow, Georgia to New York-based CityView Commercial LLC. The two-story, 100-acre shopping destination is located 14 miles outside downtown Atlanta and consists of more than one million square feet of gross leasable space.
- Represented the owner of a portfolio of over 18,000 multifamily units in its purchase and sale, financing, and joint venture transactions.
- Represented a joint venture between an owner/developer and an institutional capital partner in the acquisition of an industrial park in Bridgewater, Massachusetts.
- Represented an institutional equity partner in connection with a joint venture for an over 500,000-square-foot industrial complex in Menifee, California. Assisted with all areas of real estate matters, including reviewing of design and construction contracts and negotiations of the purchase and sale agreement.
- Represented SENTRE, Inc. in the sale of the Mosaic project, a 60,313-square-foot, creative office building in the Rancho Bernardo submarket of San Diego, California.
- Represented a client in selling property to an owner-user only a year after acquiring it for a large profit.
- Represented SENTRE, Inc. in all aspects of the acquisition and financing of the Parkway Commerce Center, a 148,000-square-foot office and industrial project in Poway, California.
- Represented Redhill Realty Investors, LP, a private equity investor and operator, in the $57.2 million acquisition of and financing for a large multifamily complex in Vancouver, Washington.