We Bring Deep Knowledge
Developers and commercial property owners rely on our experience and expertise in navigating the complex local, state and federal legal, regulatory and political environment surrounding land use and zoning. From due diligence for acquisition, financing, ongoing operation, and asset management to permits, variances, and advocacy, we bring deep knowledge, focus, determination, and innovation to obtaining entitlements and solving land use issues through every phase of the project or transaction.
- Represented national landbanker in significant number of high-profile landbanking transactions.
- Counseled national owner of commercial property in several extensive land use due diligence investigations.
- Negotiated and draft land use agreements of all kinds, including easements, CC&Rs, restrictive covenants, and development agreements.
- Assisted publicly traded owner/user in various land use and entitlement matters in a variety of local jurisdictions.
- Successfully advocated on behalf of property owners in a variety of contexts to obtain more favorable zoning.
- Obtained land use approvals for entrepreneurial developer of mixed-use projects in the Southern California region.
- Represented institutional apartment developer in all aspects of permitting process for multifamily development.
- Negotiated entitlements for portfolio of medical office buildings.
- Undertook all aspects of land use due diligence for purchaser of real estate assets across the asset class.
- Analyzed all aspects of title matters and their impacts on commercial real estate ownership and development.