Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Zealous Advocacy with a Business-Minded Approach
At Harvest, dispute avoidance is always our first plan of action. We help our clients manage risk and are proactive in keeping them informed of legal and regulatory developments.
As tenacious advocates, we have extensive experience in resolving all types of commercial real estate-related disputes – from contract disputes and title issues to landlord-tenant matters and beyond. Our litigation attorneys excel at creating thoughtful legal strategies that align with our clients’ core business objectives, and frequently negotiate settlement agreements.
Due to the complicated and multilayered nature of the industry, litigation can arise, even in the most carefully managed situations. When it does, we take a business-oriented approach, carefully analyzing the costs and benefits of litigation tactics and crafting a pragmatic strategy to resolve the dispute while supporting our client’s business objectives. Our wide-ranging dispute resolution experience covers the full spectrum, from negotiation, mediation, and arbitration to litigation and appellate proceedings in state and federal courts. Whatever route is ultimately necessary or advisable, we are focused on helping our clients resolve their disputes efficiently and effectively.
- Represent a receiver in highly litigious health and safety code receivership in San Diego, California.
- Represent a receiver in the abatement of building code violations for a multimillion-dollar apartment portfolio in Santa Barbara, California.
- Advised commercial landlords in all aspects of tenant disputes and eviction proceedings.
- Represented commercial landlords in collections proceedings against tenants and guarantors.
- Assisted court-appointed fiduciaries in all aspects of administration of estate.
- Represented owners of commercial real estate in all types of title disputes.
- Advised commercial real estate owners in common area expense disputes.
- Counseled clients in purchase and sale agreement disputes.
- Advised clients through insurance claim process and collection.
- Represented a developer in a dispute with various contractors and subcontractors.
- Counseled landlords through tenant bankruptcy matters.
- Advised clients in pre-litigation strategies and mediations.
- Advised partners in disputes under partnership or joint venture agreements.
- Handle all aspects of retail unlawful detainers in California and Washington for a publicly traded REIT.