Exceptionally meticulous and thorough, Eoin (pronounced “Owen”) is a creative thinker known for his conscientious approach to the practice of real estate law and exceptional technical knowledge. His broad-based experience includes representing publicly traded REITs, large developers, and smaller property owners for over 15 years in a wide array of real estate transactions. Eoin prides himself on his straightforward approach to transactions and bringing to bear his intimate market knowledge to help his clients achieve their short-term and long-term objectives.
Eoin’s expertise includes negotiating and documenting complex purchase and sale agreements and leases covering all asset types. He also advises clients on day-to-day real estate management issues. His leasing experience is extensive, having acted as lead leasing counsel for several high-profile institutional landlord clients in the western United States. Eoin has also represented retail and office tenants and purchasers and sellers of commercial real property in California and beyond.
In addition to his transactional experience, Eoin has extensive land use expertise. He has appeared before various public bodies and agencies on a range of issues, including advocating for legislative changes, processing of permits, and successfully resolving housing/rent control issues. Eoin has also counseled clients on land use regulations; he has spearheaded extensive due diligence investigations, devised creative strategies for obtaining local entitlements, and navigated compliance with a variety of complex local and state laws.
A native of Ireland, Eoin embarked on his career stateside after being awarded a prestigious scholarship to extern at the Federal District Court for the Central District of California. Prior to founding Harvest, Eoin was a partner at Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) where he focused on commercial real estate transactions and land use matters. Before that, he was a member of the real estate group at Allen Matkins’ Century City office and spent over four years with Santa Monica-based Harding Larmore Kutcher & Kozal, LLP.
- Represented an affiliate of GPI Companies in the negotiation of a full-building, long-term creative office lease in Burbank, California to the Emmy-winning animation production company Titmouse, Inc. The lease was for over 94,000 square feet – one of the largest lease transactions in Burbank in recent years.
- Acted as lead disposition counsel for a well-known Los Angeles-based owner and developer of real estate in connection with its sale of a major technology campus in Los Angeles, California.
- Advised an established owner and developer of life science properties in several full-building leases to biotechnology companies in both Northern and Southern California.
- Represented a highly respected creative office developer in multiple full-building leases to a large publicly traded technology company.
- Counseled a publicly traded REIT in a 110,000-square-foot, single-tenant office lease to a global financial services corporation in North County San Diego, California.
- Represented an institutional landlord in the leasing of a sprawling flex industrial campus in Northern California to a variety of tenants, including some large publicly traded companies.
- Assisted a sophisticated real estate lending and investment company in the sale of Southlake Mall in Morrow, Georgia to New York-based CityView Commercial LLC. The two-story, 100-acre shopping destination is located 14 miles outside downtown Atlanta and consists of more than one million square feet of gross leasable space.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in the acquisition of a 400,000-square-foot office project in Silicon Valley for $160 million.
- Advised a prominent nationwide owner and developer of real estate in the leasing of several industrial buildings to publicly traded companies in various submarkets throughout the United States.
- Counseled a land banker in the acquisition, financing, and development of more than $200 million worth of residential land.
- Assisted a prominent Los Angeles-based property owner in the sale of a ground lease interest in a well-known Los Angeles-area office building.
- Acted as chief retail leasing counsel for a variety of shopping center landlords in the negotiation of various retail leases adverse to some of the nation's most well-known retailers.
- “Leaders in Law,” Nominee, Los Angeles Business Journal (2020-2022)
- LL.M., University of Dublin, Trinity College School of Law, summa cum laude
- B.A., University of Limerick School of Law, summa cum laude
- New York
- Irish American Bar Association