With formative professional experience in both transactional and litigation work, Cheryl brings a competitive edge to each deal she handles. Unlike most transactional attorneys, Cheryl honed her legal skills as a litigator at a top law firm in New York City, gaining unique experience for the demanding world of commercial real estate.
Focused and persevering, Cheryl represents developers, property owners, homebuilders, businesses, and institutional investors in complex transactional real estate and corporate matters. Her practice concentrates on retail, office, and industrial leasing, as well as purchase and sale transactions, debt and equity financing, construction, and development. Having represented both institutional landlords and sophisticated tenants in leasing for mixed-use retail space, Cheryl has an in-depth understanding of both sides of a commercial lease transaction.
Prior to joining Harvest, Cheryl was an associate at Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) and at the Law Offices of Robert P. Friedman in Bel Air, California. Earlier in her career, she was an associate with Kasowitz Benson Torres LLP in New York City, litigating high-profile commercial cases in various areas of law including real estate, contracts, securities, products liability, antitrust, defamation, civil RICO, and conspiracy claims.
- Negotiated numerous commercial lease agreements for one of California's largest privately held REITs, serving as master planner for a portfolio of high-end shopping centers in Southern California.
- Represented the buyer of a 142,000-square-foot, single-tenant industrial building leased to a major tech company in Rancho Bernardo, California.
- Represented a publicly traded REIT in all aspects of its commercial leasing activities.
- Represented an institutional investment fund in all aspects of its retail leasing.
- Represented a retail developer in the acquisition and financing of a 315,000-square-foot shopping center in Panorama City, California.
- Represented an institutional-grade investment company in the financing of multifamily assets in connection with multiple acquisitions along the West Coast.
- Represented a buyer in connection with the acquisition and financing of a historic retail plaza in the Koreatown neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- "Ones to Watch: Real Estate Law - San Diego," Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America (2022-2023)
- "Inspirational Women Forum and Leadership Awards" Nominee, LA Times B2B Publishing (2022)
- "Women of Accomplishment," San Diego Metro Magazine (2022)
- “40 Under 40,” San Diego Metro Magazine (2021)
- “Next Top 40 Business Leaders Under 40,” San Diego Business Journal (2021)
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Moot Court Honor Society
- B.A., Business Administration, The George Washington University, magna cum laude
- New York
- CREW San Diego, Membership Committee Member
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter, Member
- Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters, Former Mentor and College Counselor