With formative professional experience in both transactional and litigation work, Cheryl Brechlin brings a competitive edge to each commercial real estate deal she works on.
Unlike most transactional attorneys, Cheryl honed her legal skills as a litigator, gaining crucial hands-on experience that has given her the common sense, client-centric approach necessary to succeed in the fast-paced world of commercial real estate.
Focused and persevering, she represents developers, property owners, homebuilders, businesses, institutional investors, and tenants in complex transactional real estate and corporate matters. Cheryl’s practice focuses on retail, office, and industrial leasing, purchase and sale transactions, debt and equity financing, construction, and development.
Prior to joining Harvest, Cheryl was an associate at Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) where she focused on commercial leasing, acquisitions, financing and development, and at the Law Offices of Robert P. Friedman in Bel Air, California, where she handled transactional real estate and prepared documentation relating to the acquisition, ownership, leasing, development, financing, and sale of shopping centers, office buildings, industrial properties, and apartment buildings. Earlier in her career, Cheryl was an associate with Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP in New York, New York, litigating high-profile commercial cases in various areas of law, including real estate, contracts, securities, products liability, antitrust, defamation, civil RICO and conspiracy claims.
- Representation of buyer of a 142,000-square-foot, single-tenant industrial building leased to a major tech company in Rancho Bernardo, California.
- Representation of a publicly-traded real estate investment trust in all aspects of their commercial leasing activities.
- Representation of an institutional investment fund in all aspects of retail leasing.
- Representation of a retail developer in the acquisition and financing of 315,000-square-foot shopping center in Panorama City, California.
- Representation of an institutional-grade investment company in the financing of multi-family assets in connection with multiple acquisitions along the West Coast.
- Representation of purchaser in connection with the acquisition and financing of a historic Koreatown (Los Angeles) retail plaza.
- "Ones to Watch: Real Estate Law - San Diego," Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America (2022-2023)
- "Inspirational Women Forum and Leadership Awards" Nominee, LA Times B2B Publishing (2022)
- "Women of Accomplishment," San Diego Metro Magazine (2022)
- “40 Under 40,” SD Metro (2021)
- “Next Top 40 Business Leaders Under 40,” San Diego Business Journal (2021)
- J.D., Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Moot Court Honor Society
- B.A., Business Administration, The George Washington University, magna cum laude
- New York
- NAIOP, San Diego Chapter
- City of Hope, Los Angeles Real Estate & Construction Industries Council (Building Hope), Member
- Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mentor and College Counselor