Michael is known for his commitment to creating pragmatic strategies to lead his clients to success. As former in-house counsel, he combines his business acumen and legal skill set to help his clients achieve their business objectives and to close transactions timely and effectively. Michael brings his passion and commitment to excellence and problem-solving to every deal, providing his clients with the highest level of service.
For over a decade, Michael has counseled clients in connection with a full panoply of substantial commercial real estate transactions, including acquisition, development, leasing, and disposition of vacant land, retail, office, and industrial projects. Michael regularly represents some of the nation’s most recognized developers, users, landlords, and tenants, and has been the trusted real estate lawyer for one of the world’s largest retailers and a U.S. based mining company with holdings worldwide.
Prior to joining Harvest, Michael was a partner at Crosbie Gliner Schiffman Southard & Swanson LLP (CGS3) and a shareholder with Gresham Savage’s transaction group. Before entering into private practice, he learned the tenant side of deals as a senior in-house counsel at a well-known national restaurant company and the landlord side of deals as in-house counsel at a full-service real estate development firm. Michael is also a licensed real estate broker in California.
- Represented one of the world's largest U.S.-based mining companies in connection with the sale of 16 acres of land in San Bernardino County and the sale of 89 acres of land in Los Angeles County for a total price of over $200 million.
- Represented a large rail transport company in connection with the purchase of 29 acres of land in San Bernardino County and the purchase of 40 acres of land in San Bernardino County for a total purchase price of over $90 million.
- Represented one of the largest retailers in the U.S. in connection with multiple leases on the West Coast ranging in size from 30,000 square feet to 100,000 square feet.
- Represented an international company in connection with the purchase of land for development in Perris, California for a purchase price of over $102 million.
- "2023 Commercial Real Estate Visionaries: Professional Service Advisors," L.A. Times B2B Publishing (2023)
- J.D., UCLA School of Law
- B.A., UCLA
- California Department of Real Estate, Broker
- Inland Action, Chair of Economic Development Committee
- Making Hope Happen Foundation, Board of Directors
- State Bar of California
- Dignity Health Inland Empire Foundation, Board of Directors
- Arrowhead United Way, Past Chair and Board of Directors