Fernando represents public real estate investment trusts, private equity funds, institutional investors, and entrepreneurial developers in the acquisition, development, financing, leasing, and disposition of commercial real estate assets.
Fernando specializes in transactional matters and has broad expertise working on large deals across the country and across the asset spectrum, including office, industrial, life science, hospitality, retail, and mixed-use assets.
Fernando has been recognized as one of California’s leading real estate attorneys, having been named a SuperLawyer for several years and being the recipient of the “Morning Star Award” awarded by the State Bar of California, Real Property Section. Fernando possesses a unique expertise in distressed real estate workouts and the sale of commercial real estate assets through the judicial process.
Prior to founding Harvest, Fernando practiced law at Allen Matkins and CGS3 and was the General Counsel of Trigild, where he gained invaluable insight on being a client. Fernando received his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Pennsylvania and his Juris Doctor and Masters of Science in Real Estate from the University of San Diego.
Fernando has served on the boards of National Association of Office and Industrial Properties (San Diego Chapter), the California Receivers’ Forum, the Building Industry Association of San Diego Political Action Committee, and the BuildSD Political Action Committee.
- Represented one of the nation's leading public REITs in a wide variety of transactional matters and oversee litigation team in unlawful detainer matters.
- Advised institutional-grade investment company in the acquisition, disposition, and financing of Class-A apartment buildings and shopping centers throughout California and Oregon.
- Counseled private equity fund manager in the leasing and administration of office and retail portfolio spread across the country.
- Assisted institutional-grade office investor in the leasing of office portfolio across the country.
- Represented purchaser of $130M of mixed-use assets in Los Angeles, California.
- Advised leading creative office developer in the leasing and administration of West Coast portfolio.
- Counseled owner of very large, privately-owned office portfolio in all leasing and operational matters.
- Assisted institutional-grade investment group in the acquisition and leasing of retail and office portfolio.
- Represented developer of $200M medical office building in Connecticut.
- Assisted developer of several five-star and four-star resorts in Southern California.
- Counseled developer of multi-billion, ultra-luxury private ski resort.
- Advised developer of Las Vegas strip resort and casino in all aspects of development, construction, leasing and operational matters.
- Represented CMBS special servicer with real estate loan workouts across the country.
- Counseled leading self-storage developer with development of properties across Southern California.
- "Best Lawyers®: Litigation - Real Estate, San Diego, CA," The Best Lawyers in America® (2022-2023)
- Super Lawyers San Diego, Real Estate (2019-2023)
- “Rising Stars,” Super Lawyers (2016-2018)
- “Top Attorney,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2015)
- “Morning Star Award” Recipient, State Bar of California, Real Property Section (2014)
- “REXIE Office Transaction of the Year” Recipient (2012)
- “Top Corporate Counsel,” San Diego Daily Transcript (2011)
- “Associate of the Year,” San Diego Building Industry Association (2010)
- J.D., University of San Diego
- M.Sc., University of San Diego
- B.A., University of Pennsylvania