Julie Scher brings to Harvest a proven track record of success in complex civil litigation matters.
Having worked at some of the nation’s largest law firms in both Los Angeles and Boston, Julie helps Harvest clients navigate the litigation process with sophisticated legal advice. With deep experience in business and real estate disputes across the country, Julie has gained a reputation for developing aggressive yet practical litigation strategies in a wide variety of business disputes.
Concentrating on complex commercial litigation matters and internal investigations, Julie has represented a variety of clients across a wide array of businesses, including the commercial real estate, life sciences and healthcare industries. At Harvest, Julie focuses her practice on representing commercial real estate landlords in a wide variety of real estate-related disputes, and representing real estate owners, lenders and court-appointed receivers in workouts, bankruptcies and other high-stakes disposition strategies.
Prior to joining Harvest, Julie practiced at Norton Rose Fulbright where she focused on class action litigation for unfair competition and false advertising claims and defended major retail clients in Proposition 65 actions. She was also a member of the Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice team at Foley & Lardner LLP. There she represented former stockholders of a company in an earn out dispute, assisted with the due diligence in the purchase of a professional sports team, litigated a variety of business disputes, and was active in the firm’s pro bono efforts, including successfully trying two cases as lead trial counsel. Early in her career, she also served as a legal intern for the Boston Red Sox.
Julie earned her J.D. from Boston College Law School, and her B.A., with high honors, from Brandeis University. Julie is admitted to practice in California, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and before multiple United States District Courts, including the Northern, Central, and Southern Districts of California, and the District of Massachusetts.
- Represented olive oil manufacturers as defendants in a major class-action lawsuit.
- Represented major retailers including Target, Amazon, and TJMaxx in Proposition 65 cases.
- Represented a state housing agency in complex contract disputes.
- Represented the pharmaceutical manufacturer of a radiotherapeutic drug in an intellectual property dispute involving European Union patent development rights.
- Represented the former stockholders of a cyber technology company in a dispute over a $40M earn out.
- “Rising Stars,” Massachusetts Super Lawyers (2013)
- J.D., Boston College Law School
- B.A., high honor, Brandeis University
- California Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Project Sleep, Board of Directors, Chair