Brandt is a hands-on deal attorney who guides clients through a variety of complex real estate transactions.
Understanding that no two clients and no two deals are ever the same, Brandt leverages over a decade of experience as an attorney, broker, and investor to bring a practical, business-oriented approach to helping clients execute transactions in multifaceted, rapidly changing environments.
Brandt represents clients, including REITs, privately held companies, family offices, and high net worth individuals, in a wide variety of commercial real estate matters, including purchase and sale transactions, leases, syndications, joint ventures, debt financings, construction and design agreements, and a variety of property management and asset management related matters. Brandt also advises clients in connection with the resolution of disputes including in the landlord / tenant, construction, and partnership contexts.
Prior to joining Harvest as the founder of the Boston office, Brandt previously practiced at the law firms of Dain Torpy, Elkins Kalt, and Goodwin Procter. Brandt attended UCLA Law School where he was a Peter Bren Distinguished Fellow in Entrepreneurial Real Estate, the president of the Real Estate Law Association and a co-chair of the Skid Row Housing Clinic. Prior to law school, Brandt was a real estate agent at A.C. Lawrence & Co. and attended Yale University where he captained the varsity football team.
- Represented client in recapitalization of a portfolio of 10 industrial properties located throughout New England and a related joint venture with an institutional capital source for potential future investment.
- Represented publicly traded company, as tenant, in connection with the negotiation of a build-to-suit lease of a 1,200,000+ rsf distribution facility in California.
- Represented client in acquisition of a 6 property industrial portfolio in Massachusetts.
- Represented investment partnership in connection with land assemblage in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Represented joint venture between privately held sponsor and institutional capital partner in disposition of retail centers located in Florida, Minnesota, and North Dakota.
- Represented publicly traded company, as seller, in connection with the disposition of industrial property in Northern California.
- Represented institutional developer in connection with negotiation of prime construction contract and architect agreement relating to ground up development of mid-rise office building in California.
- Represented privately held real estate developer in connection with negotiation of construction loan relating to redevelopment of mixed use project in Los Angeles, California.
- Represented privately held real estate investment company in connection with creation of streamlined construction agreement for tenant improvement work across office portfolio.
- Acted as outside in-house counsel for real estate lending company including negotiation and review of a variety of vendor and supplier agreements.
- UCLA School of Law
- Yale University